The SafeSox range are designed to reduce the number of falls by decreasing the potential for patients to slip
These socks feature a slip-resistant pattern on the top and bottom sides. This is to ensure that even if the socks twist or move whilst the resident is in bed, there will always be a grip facing the floor when they get up.
SafeSox Economy Slip-Resistant Socks
The economy slip-resistant pattern featured on these socks helps to reduce the risk of injuries associated with slipping and falling. The slip-resistant
pattern appears on both the top and bottom side. This is to ensure that even if the socks twist or move whilst the resident is in bed, there will always be a grip facing the floor when they get up.
Available in 3 sizes.
SafeSox Slip-Resistant Socks
SMALL – The slip-resistant dot pattern featured on these socks helps to reduce the risk of injuries associated with slipping and falling.
Fits sizes 6-9. Available in navy blue.
LARGE – Specially designed to be loose fitting and comfortable around the ankle, these larger style socks feature the slip-resistant pattern on both the top and bottom side. This is to ensure that even if the socks twist or move whilst the resident is in bed, there will always be a grip facing the floor when they get up. Fits sizes 10-13. Available in burgundy
100% Cotton which allows the sock to stretch
Available in 2 sizes
SAFEHIP is the only patented hip protector around. Its horseshoe shape assists natural physical functions. The impact of a fall is not only reduced, but diverted to the surrounding soft parts. The following pictures clarify how these are different from standard protectors.
SAFEHIP® AirX™ – the 100% textile hip protector
Protectors made from 100% textile AirX material (16 mm thick)
– adapt to the body perfectly, hardly wear out and are barely perceptible
– Excellent breathability
– Gives a dry and comfortable feeling
– Minimises skin irritations such as reddening and itching
– Trousers are very comfortable to wear
– Seamless trousers
– High percentage of elastane creates a perfect fit, meaning that they are also suitable as incontinence trousers
– Washable at 95 °C; tumble dryer-safe
– Medicinal product > CE mark
The hip protector for temporary requirements
Fields of application:
– During the mobilisation phase in rehabilitation centres and training venues
– Indispensable when performing household tasks
– Ideal for leisure activities such as hiking, walking, cycling, etc.
– Simple to fit, can be worn over or under clothing as desired
– Breathable material, protectors made of PE soft foam
– Washable at 40 °C
– Medicinal product > CE mark
The ultimate impact protection for frail skin
Frail skin on legs and arms is easily damaged and slow to heal. Protect-a-Limb® with Coolmax® holds the answer
Protect-a-Limb® protects the limbs from skin tears and skin damage. It is light in weight and yet bulky enough to protect. Aged Care Health Professionals highly recommend Protect-a-Limb® as a truly effective means of preventing recurring skin tears, with the resultant saving to healthcare costs. It is easy and fast to apply when compared to other methods of protection.
As people age, their skin begins to change.
Aged care workers have been accustomed to dealing with these changes to elderly people’s skin by moisturising and protecting the limb from the environment. This process has worked quite well in the past, but there has always been a concern with the type of elastic bandages used to keep the moisture in - this is where Protect-a-Limb® steps in.
This exciting product has been designed to take the tears, bumps and bruises out of life due to its durability, high comfort level, easy application and
soft feel against the skin. Protect-a-Limb® is also extremely cost effective, making it a must in every aged care facility.
Protect-a-Limb® is an Australian made healthcare product designed and tested for Australian conditions.
It has been engineered to ensure the person requiring the garment remains cool in summer and warm in winter – a necessity in our harsh Australian climate. The “cool in summer and warm in winter” element of Protect-a-Limb® is achieved by the unique Coolmax® System. Coolmax®, a registered trademark of INVISTA, is a channelled synthetic fibre on the inner of Protecta-Limb®, surrounded by cotton on the outer surface which is slightly retentive.
• Light & Comfortable
• Cool in summer / warm in winter
• Quick and easy to apply
• Cost effective
• Dries faster than other fibres
• Is cost effective - saving time in application
• Gives protection against friction to vulnerable limbs
• Aids in patient comfort
• Wicks away moisture and prevents maceration
• Easy to clean - can be washed as easily as a pair of socks
• Finished to prevent fraying
Short machine wash on medium cycle.
May be tumble dried warm. Socks should be washed after each wear to maintain their shape.